Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Paying it Forward


Look what the postman brought me!!



All the way from Naturally Carol in Queensland ... a fantastic drawstring bag and apron.  The bag is already home to the bits and pieces I take to my quilting group ... the perfect size for some hexagons, thread, needle case etc...  Thank you, Carol - your work is beautiful and that vibrant apron is going to cheer me up in the kitchen throughout the winter!

At the beginning of September Carol blogged about a 'paying it forward' scheme that she had taken part in.  She had just received a handmade bag from another blogger and it was her turn to offer to make something for three more bloggers. I jumped at the chance.

So now it's my turn!

If you would like me to make something for you and you're prepared then to make something for three more bloggers, just leave a comment on this post.  The first three people who ask me to make them something will receive a parcel from me within the next year (yes - you have a whole year to pay it forward which is a relief with Christmas on the horizon!).

Sound like fun?

6 comments:

  1. I can just see you in the apron... but seriously, not only is the apron great, it's a great idea! I won't volunteer to be one of your first three people because it might be a bit odd having to include your sister, but I hope you have fun with it. Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona..I'm so glad it all arrived safely and you like them! That makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I resist? I love the concept of paying it forward and scan all the RAK lists on ravelry every month. Post is so much fun!

    They both look adorable, but the apron in particular is such gorgeous fabric. You're going to feel like a real domestic goddess cooking in that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh if it's a year to pay it forward .... then count me in. Can you make me something so I can in turn pay it forward? Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just thought I missed the opportunity when I read all the comments and realised that the last spot is available :-) I would love to join...I also received a little package from the UK so I guess I have to pay it forward. Love the bag you got and the apron is absolutely fab. I actually wear aprons in the kitchen way too often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Fiona - I think this is a great idea. Maybe I'll do it next time around, in about a year, after I get moved. Too busy right now for all the crafting I want to do.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete